By Sean Hoess
NEW YORK, Aug. 10, 2021 /PRNewswire/ – Wanderlust, an innovator in wellness and lifestyle events, has announced that Wanderlust 108 – the world’s only mindful triathlon — is returning to Brooklyn’s Prospect Park on Sunday, September 12 for a day of movement, mindfulness, and conscious community. Wanderlust 108 Brooklyn will be Wanderlust’s first US festival since the pandemic began.
The movement program of the mindful triathlon begins with Taryn Toomey, creator of the wildly popular fitness experience The Class. Taryn will then pass the torch to renowned yoga teacher and activist Seane Corn, who will guide the estimated 4,000 attendees through her signature “Revolution Within” vinyasa yoga class. The triathlon will conclude with a gentle guided meditation from the Rev. angel Kyodo williams, who leads the innovative NYC-based meditation training company MNDFL.
In true Wanderlust fashion, live music will accompany all of the day’s programming, with Caleb Spaulding providing live drumming and DJ Taz Rashid spinning from the main stage. In the afternoon, the Kula Village stage will light up with hand-selected local musical talent. Chelsea Jackson Roberts, an internationally-celebrated Peloton yoga instructor, will emcee the event, and Reggie Hubbard will livestream the mindful revolution via Wanderlust’s social channels and Wanderlust 108 Online.
New this year:
- A communal outdoor food experience with healthy & delicious artisanal food vendors serving both breakfast and lunch, and a redesigned Kula Market with communal seating for nearly 1,000 patrons as well 40+ craft vendors & sponsors. After the mindful triathlon concludes, participants can celebrate victory in the Libation Garden, a reimagination of a traditional biergarten offering a range of craft beer, hard kombucha and seltzer, and wine.
- Wanderlust has introduced a Premium ticket ($45 through Aug. 13, then $59) that includes a gratis pair of Power Leggings from Sweaty Betty ($100 value), breakfast and lunch from onsite vendors, access to 108 Online, as well a staggering array of goodies ($100+ additional value) from Wanderlust and its partners. Other highlights include a microfiber mat towel from Nirvana Water Sciences, a “recovery pack” from Sacred CBD, Dickinson’s Witch Hazel Skincare samplers, 3 months free on Wanderlust TV, and a 108-branded fandana and cloth tote. Premium ticket holders also receive a reserved practice area near the front of the venue. General admission tickets are free, as always.
- For the first time, Wanderlust 108 Brooklyn will be offered as a virtual event. Virtual attendees can tune in for a livestream on Sep. 12, and their digital ticket also includes 8 weeks of access to 108 Online, custom instructional videos created by event headliners and the other luminaries in the Wanderlust world. Look for contributions by Seane Corn, The Class, and MNDFL meditation, as well as individual classes in breathwork, meditation, fitness, binaural beats, drumming meditations and more. 108 Online is just $14.99.
Partnerships help make Wanderlust’s health & wellness practices free and accessible to all, and Wanderlust is proud to partner with three progressive and value-driven companies: Sweaty Betty, Nirvana Water Sciences and Volvo.
- Sweaty Betty: Proud presenter of the active pillar of programming at Wanderlust 108 Brooklyn, this global activewear company is on a mission to empower women through fitness and beyond. The brand has grown to over 150 stores and concessions internationally and is famous for its bum-sculpting leggings, quality high performance technical clothing, and using responsibly sourced materials. With an inclusive active community of engaged women worldwide, a charitable Foundation
encouraging girls to lead active lives, Sweaty Betty is one of the world’s premiere activewear brands.
- Nirvana Water Sciences: Presenter of fitness & movement programming, Nirvana HMB is also the official water of Wanderlust 108 Brooklyn. Infused with myHMB® clear, a patented and proprietary formulation that promotes muscle wellness, this premium spring water naturally enhances the performance of the body and improves the quality of life. Producing all of its bottles on-site from 100% recycled PET, is just part of Nirvana’s commitment to sustainability.
- Volvo: Volvo’s latest vehicle, the all-electric XC40 Recharge, is the official vehicle of Wanderlust 108 Brooklyn. Volvo Cars will be onsite with their latest product, offering Wanderlusters the chance to roam freely while keeping their carbon footprint light.
Other sponsors include the event’s official media partner, Bustle Digital Group, Manduka, which is providing the official yoga mat of Wanderlust 108 Brooklyn, FX Chocolate, Sacred CBD, Wildgood, LaCroix, Dickinson’s Witch Hazel Skincare, New Belgium Brewing, and Kendall-Jackson. Featured local partners include Anima Mundi, Avocaderia, Blades & Bowls, Provenance Meals, Maha Rose, Llamaste Family Yoga, and Conscious Coconut.
To ensure patron safety, Wanderlust has voluntarily maintained certain physical distancing measures, reducing this year’s capacity to 4,000 guests. All entrants must provide proof of vaccination or a negative Covid test within 72 hours of the event start time. Premium and free tickets to the event are available at wanderlust.com/brooklyn.